About Me

My photo
I'm a habitual line crosser that believes everything happens for a reason, but life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances, you just have to live life to the fullest. Laugh as much as you can, spend all your money, tell someone what they mean to you, tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, love the ones who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, pig out, smile until your face hurts, be a flirt, stay up late and fall asleep watching the sun come up, don't be aftraid to take chances or fall in love . . . and most of all live in the moment, If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Shame on you Benedict

From Megan Gingrich:
This is an embarrasment to me as a Catholic in the 21st Century. I also believe, this decree is going completely against what Pope John Paul II would have ever wanted for our Church's future. I wholeheartedly believe He (Pope John Paul II) would be deeply troubled and hurt to see this happen in our world (as it is) today. Please join me in this cause. Please call me, email me, or what have you, if you want to discuss this in further detail. I am at the point where I am considering some big changes in my faith...just atttemting to initiate some thoughts and action in the meantime. More than anything, I would LOVE to see our lay people of the Catholic Church have a voice that is HEARD. 

I believe 99% of my Catholic (and non Catholic) friends would agree that the genocide of the Holcaust was a true and horrifying act of mankind. If anything, the Catholic Church (the most powerful Church in the world) should have more responsibility to not only speak out against past genocides, but DO MORE TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST CURRENT GENOCIDES (ie., Sudan, just to name one of MANY). I am deeply saddened on our POLITICAL my beloved Church has become.


1 comment:

  1. Girl we could talk about this for days, I have so many problems with this pope it's not even funny. I love my faith and hold it dearly, but I do not agree with this man, and that is all he is. I have very little respect for him and truly doubt how much of what he does is actually influenced by divine intervention. Between the sex scandal cover ups, the lack of respect for women in the Catholic faith, and the lack of consideration to include lay people in the process, it is my belief that through this man's papacy, it will be God's way of showing us that things must change. We should have women and married priests. Sex offenders need to be punished regardless of who they are, and clergy should not be able to hide behind the vatican walls, we need transparency. I believe the lack in the number of people entering the religious life and the huge amount of people leaving the faith, will ultimately cause the church to hit rock bottom as it has in the past. At that point there will be a need for another reformation similar to what happened after the crusades and similar to what happened during Vatican II. This man, MY POPE, is reversing all the progress that has been made in the last century. Even with JPII the progress was slow. Luckily Benedict is old and does not have many years left, but this is truly a sad time in the Catholic church, just as this past eight years has been a sad time for Americans. I just believe, like anything, this too shall pass. Keep the faith Meg, I know it's hard, I'm struggling too with this.

    ReplyDelete